2022 Delaware Trust Conference
Commonwealth Trust Company has been a long-time supporter of the Delaware Bankers Association and is proud to have, once again, been a Silver Sponsor of the seventeenth annual Delaware Trust Conference.
Commonwealth Trust Company President, Cynthia D.M. Brown, co presented “The Modern Directed Trusts: Wait, You Are Directing Me to Do What?” on October 18th. The panel covered:
- Non-traditional investment considerations such as valuation, standing direction letters, regulatory protocols, and entity management
- Distribution and beneficiary issues including expectations for forms of communication, trustee participation on committees, and delayed notice concerns
- Silent trust concerns and designated representatives
- Alternate uses of directed trusts
- Third party direction concerns – when should the third party be acting in a personal v. fiduciary capacity to be most effective?